Friday 27 September 2013

Old Post 7

Clearly written at a time where I was feeling pretty positive (I imagine a few days after another blow out)
 
Now i'm really wanting to move my life on but i'm still having a little wobble here and there but one thing I don't do is beat myself up with all of this and try and use it as a lesson learned. Thankfully I have not been in any terrible states nor has it made me ill or to avoid going to work.

What is puzzling me is I get the whole AA thing without any problem but how do I stop these one off events that threaten to try and derail me. Part of me knows I am one step away from full sobriety but it's just getting to that point and working out what it is that is stopping me.

I am admitting of my problem but one thing I overheard recently was that there is a huge gulf between admitting and accepting so maybe that is an area that I need to do some work on. I know I can not change the surroundings where I am at my weakest which is usually when I am on my own at home and my partner is at work, it would involve being baby sat 24/7 although the danger then is would I change my environment when the drink comes calling? And above all else why should I change my life just because of this without any cast iron guarantees for my future.

So i'm doing a lot of soul searching and inward looking but I know that with enough belief and determination then the answers will come in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment